[tex-live] mptopdf on Windows 7 / runscript.tlu error

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:17:38 CET 2010

2010/1/29 Georg Weissenbacher <georg.weissenbacher at gmx.at>:
> Hi,
> I'm running Texlive 2009 on Windows 7 and I'm experiencing some
> problems running mptopdf:
>
> mptopdf test.mp
> C:\texlive\2009\bin\win32\runscript.tlu:305:
> C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe: No such file or directory
>
> I've updated texlive to the most current version and I also installed
> strawberry perl (assuming that the wrapper fails to execut mptopdf.pl)
> -- without success.
> mpost works without problems.
>
> Can anyone help?

Well, the error message says that that the system command interpreter
is not found !?! No idea why.

Apparently, cmd.exe is found on the PATH or an error would be thrown
much earlier in runscript.tlu. For some unknown reason, however,
spawning a new cmd.exe instance fails. I cannot reproduce this
behaviour on my machine, though. I will need more info from you to
troubleshoot this.

Can you run the following lua script for me (save it as test.lua and
execute with `texlua test.lua'):

assert(os.spawn("C:\\windows\\system32\\cmd.exe /c echo All is OK"))
assert(os.spawn({[0]="C:\\windows\\system32\\cmd.exe", "cmd", "/c echo
All is OK"}))

It should output "All is OK" twice.

In the meantime try running:

  mptopdf.bat test.mp

This should allow you to get on with your work.

Cheers,

Tomek