[tex-live] segfault in pdflatex

Barret Rhoden brho at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 29 02:02:24 CET 2010

Hi -

pdflatex segfaults in libc when including graphics in specific
circumstances in texlive-2009.  It is location-specific (certain
location in the file - seems like when its near the top of a page).

If there is a ./ at the beginning of the \graphicspath, and no path on
the \includegraphics item, it segfaults.  If there is no \graphicspath,
but a ./ at the beginning of the \includegraphics item, it segfaults.
Again, this is only for a pdf at a certain location (tried with multiple
pdfs).

Here's the backtrace:

0xb7b6b17b in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0xb7b6b17b in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0xb7e688c3 in GlobalParams::scanEncodingDirs() ()
from /usr/lib/libpoppler.so.5
#2  0xb7e699cf in GlobalParams::GlobalParams(char const*) ()
from /usr/lib/libpoppler.so.5
#3  0x080ce046 in ?? ()
#4  0x080bb753 in ?? ()
#5  0x0860a120 in ?? ()
#6  0x00000000 in ?? ()

That's probably not enough info to debug fully, but I can't provide
the .tex I'm using at this time.  If there's something I can try to
debug this more, let me know.

If you want to follow-up with me on this, email me directly (I'm not on
the mailing list).

Barret