[tex-live] [pdftex] PDF 1.5 by default in TL 2010

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 11:43:37 CET 2010

2010/1/19 Axel E. Retif <axel.retif at mac.com>:
> On  10 Jan, 2010, at 19:09, Karl Berry wrote:
>
>> (Sorry for the cross-posting.)
>
> As it is today, you can't get a PDF/X-1a:2001 compliant PDF with pdfTeX either.
>
> I managed to get a 100% PDF/X-1a:2001 compliant PDF (a 720 pages book with hundreds of graphics) using the excellent pdfx.sty (thank you so much, CV Radhakrishnan and Han The Thanh!). After some trial and error, I found the best loading order to be

The problem with pdfx.sty is that it requires hyperref but sometimes I
have to use packages that are not compatible with hyperref. And I do
not know how to cope with glyph->unicode for Devanagari entered via
the Velthuis package. The next problem is black overprint, I am not
able to set it. The minor problem is that the MediaBox, BleedBox and
TrimBox are set to fixed value. I would prefer if they could be read
from the values stored in my zwpagelayout package.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/