[tex-live] [pdftex] PDF 1.5 by default in TL 2010

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Jan 13 16:04:04 CET 2010

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

 > Please try 'texdoc texdoc' and look for the appropriate section (1.4
with texdoc
 > 0.6x). If you think it is unclear or too short, please tell me so,
and I'll try
 > to clarify. Alternatively, you may want to have a look at the default
 > configuration file (the last one in the the output of texdoc --files)
which I
 > tried to comment heavily.

Did that, Manuel, almost by instinct, but it suggested

	viewer_pdf = (xpdf %s)

which I localised to

	viewer_pdf = (E:\Layered
products\Adobe\Acrobat\Reader\9.x\Reader\AcroRd32.exe %s)

but that failed to work :

	The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

so I tried :

	viewer_pdf = ("E:\Layered
products\Adobe\Acrobat\Reader\9.x\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" %s

and that similarly failed :

	'E:\Layered' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

** Phil.