[tex-live] [pdftex] PDF 1.5 by default in TL 2010

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Jan 13 13:43:24 CET 2010

Élie Roux wrote:

> 2010/1/13 Thierry Bouche<Thierry.Bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr>:
>>
>> Not on the same machine! installing newer versions of AR implies
>> uninstalling old versions even of AA (if I understood correctly the
>> acronyms used by Phil...).
>
> I have AR 9 and AR 5 on the same machine, I guess it's possible to
> have AA 5 too... did you try?

OK, I have downloaded and installed AR 9.3.0. [1] After some
interaction with Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types/,
I have managed to set the default action to "Open", the
default association to "Adobe Acrobat 5.0", and create
an alternative action "Open with Adobe Reader 9.x".  The
one remaining question, to my mind, is whether TeXdoc
can conveniently associate itself with the action
"Open with Adobe Reader 9.x" rather than with the default
action "Open".

** Phil.
--------
[1] Yes, I /did/ set a system restore point first !