[tex-live] Translation of tlmgr gui

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jan 12 08:58:48 CET 2010

On Di, 12 Jan 2010, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> I read this document (for note: this document is in svn not in TL
> distrib, anyway I'm rsyncing daily svn from tug) and now its ok.

Yes, right, we do not distribute that to the installations, as
with many other files primary for developers.

> > Agreed with Manuel, there was actually several discussions on that
> > and we settled for the "what people expect more" than "what is the
> > most suitable name".
> I think it is worth to gather all repository related entries in one:
> for now there are entries in File and in 'Options->General...'.
> May be collect them under 'Options->Repository' entry?
>
> Pros: all repository related things in one place.
> Cons: the action 'Load repository' should be easily and quickly accessable
> but then it will be buried under 'Options->Repository->Load ...
> repository'.

The cons is really a bad cons ... And Options->General is not only
about repositories, but many other options, too.

I don't want to put the actual "loading" together with setting the
options, I don't think this is a good idea.

> > Yeah for now the restore is only possible via command line, but
> > I want to add it to the GUI at some point.
>
> This will be not so easy :).

In fact it is not complicated. Since all the gui functions do nothing
else but calling the underlying tlmgr.pl perl subs it is quite
straight forward. One only has to design a decent UI for that, and
program it ... time time is the problem.

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force