[tex-live] Translating tlmgr

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 08:55:21 CET 2010

Hi.
2010/1/10 Vedran Miletić <rivanvx at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm translating tlmgr to Croatian. However, I ran into a rather
> nontrivial issue. As you can see on [1], Croatian letter ć gets
> converted \x{0107}. It breaks only in menu and works elsewhere.
>
> Is this a bug in tlmgr?
> [1] http://img341.imageshack.us/i/tlmgrhrwin7.png/

I don't think so. I made Russian translation on my Linux system
(Archlinux x86_64) and Russian letters are ok there. But today I go to
my University (I maintain TeX system on Windows and Linux OSes at
University): Windows XP has the same problem: instead of Russian
letters I see '\x{}' things but only in menu bar. The perl (as well as
Tk) for Windows is shipped with TL so IMHO this problem related with
Tk and Perl.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

Mike Ditka  - "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have
given us arms." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mike_ditka.html