[tex-live] [texhax] Unused macros

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 15:22:04 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Uwe Lueck <uwe.lueck at web.de> wrote:
> Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> schrieb am 02.01.2010 13:22:42:
>> Usually starting a new document I copy the preamble of the previous
>> similar document and I strongly believe that most of the people do the
>> same. As a result preambles grow big, sometimes much bigger than the
>> article itself. I wonder if there is a method (except trial and error)
>> to eliminate or comment out macros which are not used.
>
>    http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/texhax/2009-March/012008.html
>
> or
>
>   http://tug.org/pkg/cmdtrack

Dead link. It is part of TeXLive 2009 but texdoc cmdtrack returns nothing as

locate cmdtrack
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/source/latex/cmdtrack
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/source/latex/cmdtrack/cmdtrack.dtx
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/source/latex/cmdtrack/cmdtrack.ins
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/cmdtrack
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/cmdtrack/cmdtrack.sty
/usr/local/texlive/2009/tlpkg/tlpobj/cmdtrack.tlpobj

There is a minor problem with cmdtrack.dtx

So I copy message to texlive asking them to produce documentation

Thanks! Victor