[tex-live] How to do ... with array package?

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Fri Feb 26 12:42:33 CET 2010

Dear friends,

I have problem setting centered alignment of some columns in a table (array package, tabular enviroment).

I can do it in any inner column, but not in the last one. I tried '\centering' command, 'center' environment, math mode using '$', but I'm not able to do it successfully.

Could you give me some help?

Here's the code (also in the attachment):

\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}

\usepackage[cp1250]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

\usepackage{a4wide,array}

\begin{document}

    \newcolumntype{C}{>{\centering}m{.5in}}
    \newcolumntype{V}{m{.5in}}

    \begin{tabular}{|C|c|V|}
    %\begin{tabular}{|C|c|C|} % The 'C' in the last column causes error!
      \hline
      1     & ab ab ab    & 3 abcd efgh \\
      \hline
      11111 & 2 2 2       & 3.3 \\
      \hline
      1     & 2 2 2 3 3 3 & 3.33 \\
      \hline
      1     & 2 2 2       & 3 \\
      \hline
    \end{tabular}

\end{document}

I use TeXLive 2009 under WinXP.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Lukas Prochazka

NB:

This is my first mail to this conference; I hope it is not off-topic.

Firstly I referred my problem to Mr. Frank Mittelbach and/or Mr. David Carlisle.

Both of them are cited as authors of LaTeX array package documentation; unfortunately, there is no mail address in it.

The only mail to them I found was carlisle at cs.man.ac.uk. But the message returned to me as undeliverable.