[tex-live] Include type1 package for Garamond fonts

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 22:20:57 CET 2010

2010/2/23 Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org>:
>> The changes to suggest (/UniqueID etc.) are trivial with FontForge.
>
>  Reportedly there also are issues with the license, see the original thread.
>
>> Surely that's not the problem?
>
>  The problem is that the author, by his own admission, wrote those files for a
> friend and never had the intention of distributing it anywhere.  Plus, he's
> obviously uncomfortable with the idea of devising a package for TeX Live.  It
> feels to me like the people wanting to have it included in TeX Live should ask
> for his permission and take things over.

I have looked at the licenses. URW Garamond is issued under AFPL. I am
afraid that the modified version must be issued by the same license.
IMHO you first have to persuade URW to change the license and then the
derived work could have free license.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/