[tex-live] Packages marked as forcibly removed when updating

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 23 13:37:44 CET 2010

On 23 February 2010 11:59, Thomas Arildsen <tha at es.aau.dk> wrote:
> Notice that the three packages biblatex-nature, braket, and breakcites have
> now apparently been marked as 'forcibly removed'. Is this behaviour
> intended? It doesn't look like it to me.

Although it might look strange, this is the intended behaviour. These
packages failed during auto-install, which will be treated the same as
if they were forcibly removed. The same happens if you add
--no-auto-install switch, see:

  tlmgr --help update

This is a limitation of the current package management system.
Forcibly removed packages are not tracked in the local database and
are found from the difference between the local and remote databases.

To avoid any forcibly removed packages, use:

  tlmgr update --all --reinstall-forcibly-removed

Cheers,

Tomek