[tex-live] personal input file

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 05:16:24 CET 2010

** Steve MC Han [2010-02-14 19:26:29 -0800]:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering where I could store personal input files so that I could call from any working directory instead of making the same input file for the current working directory each time.
>
> I am using  latex of TexLive2007 in my personal PC with WinEdt editor.

To be short: in TEXMFHOME

E.g.
%USERPROFILE%/texmf/tex/latex
for latex stuff or
%USERPROFILE%/texmf/tex/plain
for plain tex stuff.

For precise location of TEXMFHOME on Windows read TL 2007 documentation (search for TEXMFHOME).

More details and some explanation could be found here
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=what-TDS
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=privinst

P.S. I advise you to upgrade your TeX system.

--
My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
		-- Errol Flynn

Any man who has $10,000 left when he dies is a failure.
		-- Errol Flynn