[tex-live] Non-PDF documentation

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sat Feb 13 12:24:09 CET 2010

Am 13.02.2010 um 02:07 schrieb Robin Fairbairns:

> Philipp Stephani <st_philipp at yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 12.02.2010 um 23:00 schrieb Philipp Stephani:
>>> I have just uploaded the two PDFs mentioned originally (for ucs and german).
>>
>> and now the (trivial) manual for the 2in1 package (the first of my short list)
>
> and so far, i've dealt with the 2in1 package -- it's moved to a
> directory of its own, like earlier m/l/c/misc packages that have gained
> doc files.
>
> macros/latex/contrib/twoinone
>
> i'm just a teeny bit concerned about the other two packages.
>
> (1) languages.pdf (~= 20mbytes) seems a bit over the top -- the
> uncompressed  .ps.gz is only 850kbytes or so.  how did you
> create it -- i don't know the app that pdfinfo tells me about?
>
> if its a fresh compile?  or a distill of some sort?
>
> ucs.pdf is also apparently huge by comparison with ucs.ps.gz, but not
> quite so over the top

I have opened the PS files in the previewer application of OS X which automatically converts them to PDF. I don't know why the resulting files are that large. However, I've just created and uploaded the PDFs again, this time with ps2pdf. Now they are even smaller than the corresponding uncompressed PS files.