[tex-live] pdfxmltex stumbles over supp-pdf.mkii

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Feb 13 07:28:13 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 05:08:48AM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Dear Heiko, dear TeX Live gurus,
>
> if we run pdfxmltex in TL 2009 in pdf mode it dies with:
>
> >   (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/context/base/supp-pdf.mkii
> >   ! You can't use `macro parameter character #' in horizontal mode.
> >   l.82     \def\@@mptopdf@@twodigitrounding#
> >                                             1%
>
> supp-pdf.mkii is loaded by hyperref.

supp-pdf.mkii is loaded by pdftex.def, that is loaded by the
color package and the color package is loaded if hyperref has
seen option `colorlinks'.
  And pdftex.def uses \AtBeginDocument to load supp-pdf.mkii.

But the format pdfxmltex has not loaded neither color nor hyperref.
And the log file of debian that is shown for debian bug report 566591
only shows supp-pdf.mkii without hyperref and without color or pdftex.def.
But the .log file is generated by xmlto (I don't know it), that
seems to use a different format than TL's pdfxmltex.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>