[tex-live] "Can't find font" : which step(s) have I overlooked ?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 14:58:48 CET 2010

2010/2/10 Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>:
> Attempting to compile Guido Herzog's "fancy border"
> example (extract below), I am told by PdfLaTeX :
>
>> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex.exe (file WebOMintsGD):
>> Font WebOMintsGD at 1200 not found
>>  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>
> I have WebomintsGD.tfm in H:\TeX\Live\2009\texmf\local\fonts,
> WebomintsGD.pfb in H:\TeX\Live\2009\texmf\local\fonts\type1\local,
> uwebo.fd in H:\TeX\Live\2009\texmf\local\tex\latex\misc,
>
> this entry
>
>        WebOMintsGD WebOMintsGD <WebOMintsGD.pfb
>
> in both copies of PdfTeX.map, I have asked TLMGR
> to update the file name databases, and have now
> run out of ideas :-(  What vital step(s) have
> I overlooked, please ?

I would try to find the files with kpsewhich. If it does not work, the
file name database is wrong or the files are on wrong places. As I
see, the tfm file is not in the tfm subdirectory which might be the
problem. If the files are found but do not work, the map file is
wrong.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/