[tex-live] Two tlmgr/installer gui issues: Xfce/FreeBSD

Nikola Lečić nikola.lecic at anthesphoria.net
Wed Feb 3 16:54:44 CET 2010

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote
  in <20100203141947.GF899 at gamma.logic.tuwien.ac.at>
  on Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:19:47 +0100:

> On Mi, 03 Feb 2010, Nikola Lečić wrote:
> >   http://anthesphoria.net/FreeBSD/TeXLive-Devel/translations/tlmgr-gui-FreeBSD-Xfce-20100203.png
>
> tlmgr does nothing special, ut uses the "fixed" font AFAIR. So if your
> system has a broken definition of "fixed", that will be taken.

It is just an untouched Xorg/Xfce install with all defaults...

> If you have some Asian fonts installed that might be the case.

... the list of installed Xorg fonts can be found bellow.

> That is the default fontconfig font as fixed in gnoem, but that I
> cannot and will not read.

So what an average user is supposed to do in situation like this?

I mean, I don't ask because of myself, I am able to fix this somehow. I
just reported what I deemed useful info about perl-tk behaviour in some
standard circumstances.

> > Besides, input boxes (such as Match -> Pattern) do not work here,
> > i.e. they are now writable; just a cursor blinking.
>
> That is strange .... never seen before.
>
> Ahhh no ... you don't have write permissions, can that be? So that
> explains why also the buttons are disabled.
>
> Start it as the one who installed the program (so with write
> permissions to texlive.tlpdb) and it should work.

No, I deliberately arranged it to show an additional window with some
text. The boxes are non-writable regardless of write permissions.

cmpsfont-1.0_6
font-adobe-100dpi-1.0.0_1
font-adobe-75dpi-1.0.0
font-adobe-utopia-100dpi-1.0.1
font-adobe-utopia-75dpi-1.0.1
font-adobe-utopia-type1-1.0.1
font-alias-1.0.1
font-arabic-misc-1.0.0
font-bh-100dpi-1.0.0
font-bh-75dpi-1.0.0
font-bh-lucidatypewriter-100dpi-1.0.0
font-bh-lucidatypewriter-75dpi-1.0.0
font-bh-ttf-1.0.0
font-bh-type1-1.0.0
font-bitstream-100dpi-1.0.0
font-bitstream-75dpi-1.0.0
font-bitstream-type1-1.0.0
font-cronyx-cyrillic-1.0.0
font-cursor-misc-1.0.0
font-daewoo-misc-1.0.0
font-dec-misc-1.0.0
font-ibm-type1-1.0.0
font-isas-misc-1.0.0
font-jis-misc-1.0.0
font-micro-misc-1.0.0
font-misc-cyrillic-1.0.0
font-misc-ethiopic-1.0.0
font-misc-meltho-1.0.0_1
font-misc-misc-1.0.0
font-mutt-misc-1.0.0
font-schumacher-misc-1.0.0_1
font-screen-cyrillic-1.0.1
font-sony-misc-1.0.0
font-sun-misc-1.0.0
font-util-1.0.1
font-winitzki-cyrillic-1.0.0
font-xfree86-type1-1.0.1
libXfont-1.3.4,1
xorg-fonts-100dpi-7.4
xorg-fonts-7.4
xorg-fonts-75dpi-7.4
xorg-fonts-cyrillic-7.4
xorg-fonts-miscbitmaps-7.4
xorg-fonts-truetype-7.4
xorg-fonts-type1-7.4

- --
Nikola Lečić = Никола Лечић
fingerprint : FEF3 66AF C90E EDC3 D878  7CDC 956D F4AB A377 1C9B