[tex-live] Value of TEXDOCS in texmf.cnf needs adjustment ?

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Tue Dec 14 10:47:57 CET 2010

Hi Karl,

I have a kind of auxiliary question [probably not important enough to
create another topic]

When I was fiddling with the texmf.cnf at the top of texlive/2010,
I thought that it would be better for my modifications to be in
texlive/texmf-local

however kpsewhich does not find copies I created in texlive/texmf-local

~% ls /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/texmf*
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/texmf.cnf

~% kpsewhich --all texmf.cnf
/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf.cnf
/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

Wouldn't it be better if one could put a texmf.cnf in texmf-local?

Incidentally, in the end, and regarding my initial post, I have decided
not to change TEXDOCS, but rather simply to put everything in texmf-doc
in
sub-directories.

(so my frenchb2-doc.pdf is now in /texmf-local/doc/doc/ and is found by
texdoc)

best regards,
Jean-Francois