[tex-live] [HELP] Paper size always A4

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 08:41:43 CET 2010

Hi.
** Leo [2010-12-12 07:29:59 +0000]:

> On 2010-12-12 07:25 +0000, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>> You could use geometry pacakge. Just add \usepackage{geometry}
>
> With `geometry' I can see the changed paper size. But why article is not
> respecting the paper size option? I need to fix this because some of my
> .tex files are exported by software. Thanks.
I didn't digg deep but AFAIU this is related with '\special' command.
latex/pdflatex must have different content for that command. geometry
package take care of that. IMHO by default article class uses latex
(read: dvi/ps) special command (or this is hard-coded into config files
so to change that setting globally one should change default paper
with the help of tlmgr).

I don't want to raise big flame but nowadays the only 'right' way to
change paper size is to use geometry pacakge.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Remember: Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of Life.
		-- Dave Butler