[tex-live] TeX Live 2010 test report

Ulrik Vieth ulrik.vieth at arcor.de
Wed Aug 25 02:48:48 CEST 2010

On 08/25/2010 01:37 AM, Karl Berry wrote:

 >   * XeTeX: segfault when using strechy math characters and
<unicode-math>.

> Really sorry to hear it.  Does not crash for me on i386-linux, so I
> suppose it is another 64-bit-related bug.  Will report to Thanh and
> Jonathan.  Won't be fixed for this release :(.

No, it's not _another_ 64-bit related bug. It's probably the same bug
I reported here last month, which was already too late to fix by then.

As a workaround, I would suggest to install the 32-bit XeTeX binary
as a replacement for the broken 64-bit version.

Regards, Ulrik.

P.S: Besides the 64-bit issue, there are a few more known bugs on
XeTeX with OpenType math, that will need to be fixed in the engine,
but those should not be architecture-specific.