[tex-live] dviout font rendering glitch on windows

Beuthe, Thomas beuthet at aecl.ca
Thu Aug 12 06:22:37 CEST 2010

UNRESTRICTED | ILLIMITÉ

This is a question about fonts and dviout.
Since the dviout list is essentially comatose,
I wasn't sure where to post it.
Please let me know if another mailing list is more appropriate.

When I first installed TeXLive 2009 on my windows systems,
I also had the pfm mathtime and CM fonts installed native
on the system.

Everything worked well, except for dviout when I tested it
with the default cm fonts.  For example when I tried to render
the following document on screen as a sort of "hello world":

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
test test
\end{document}

the font appeared as some strange san-serif font that didn't
look anything like the cm fonts, even though dviout seemed
to be going through the right motions.

After a lot of testing and head scratching, I finally traced it
down to the natively installed CM fonts.  When I uninstalled them,
dviout rendered everything perfectly.

Does anyone have an idea how I can make dviout
and the pfm installed CM fonts co-exist peacefully?

Thomas
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILÉGIÉE

Le présent courriel, et toute pièce jointe, peut contenir de
l'information qui est confidentielle, régie par les droits
d'auteur, ou interdite de divulgation. Tout examen,
divulgation, retransmission, diffusion ou autres utilisations
non autorisées de l'information ou dépendance non autorisée
envers celle-ci peut être illégale et est strictement interdite.