[tex-live] removing belleek from TeXLive

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Aug 10 17:15:06 CEST 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 6:40 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
>>
>> Everyone is free to provide improved guis for tlmgr. It is in fact quite easy as the gui simply calls the action subs, so hacking a new gui is easy, so why *nobody* steps forward to do it?
>

> Actually for MacOSX there is TeXLive Utility which is a native MacOSX
> frontend for tlmgr albeit it does not have all the options CLI has.

Note that TeX Live Utility doesn't call the Perl subroutines directly, but runs tlmgr as a separate process.  No idea whether that's easier on Windows, but it might be another option (or maybe I misinterpreted Norbert's comment).

> I cannot recall anyone making big splashes on MacOSX mailing list
> because of this. Probably people there believe that the person who
> wants Advanced options should be sufficiently advanced to be able to
> use CLI.

Frankly, it doesn't matter what people on mailing lists want...I decided long ago that I'm not going to add support for all tlmgr features.  There is a semi-hidden way to force removal in TeX Live Utility, but someone wanting to use 'generate' will have to use the command line and be responsible for his own mess :).

--
Adam