[tex-live] problem using Windows network installer

Jörn Clausen joernc at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 28 12:00:36 CEST 2010

> Did you change *on the server* the installation location to CTAN?
> On the server:
>        tlmgr option repository ctan
> (and check that then the location is http://mirror.ctan.org/... with
> tlmgr option repository)

I installed TeX Live on the server via install-tl.bat from a DVD in
drive D: to C:\texlive (i.e. I changed none of the defaults). Then I
exported C:\texlive from that server.

Do you suggest I should try the command above and see if the error persists?

> The only reason I can imagine is that the D: is saved there because
> you installed from DVD.

See my original mail...

Please note that as workaround I can insert *any* CD/DVD into D:, not
necessarily a TeX Live DVD. So the error handling on this path check
should be relaxed, IMHO. If this is technically possible, of course, I
have no idea if this another Windows limitation.

--
Joern Clausen
http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/