[tex-live] [Fwd: Re: TeXLive Perl + latexmk (windows)]

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Apr 15 10:47:09 CEST 2010

Am Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:14:48 +0900 schrieb Norbert Preining:

Well I'm sorry if I offended you. I wasn't trying to critizise
TeXLive. I wasn't making an "argument" of any kind or even trying to
suggest changes in TeXLive but only to describe some of the small
things that might lead windows users to claim that TeXlive "doesn't
feel like a native windows application".

I know that these differences aren't serious and no reason to reject
TeXLive. They fall in the same category like all the small
differences which make streets in swiss or netherland different to
streets in germany so that you know that you aren't "at home" at the
moment.

But I think you should nevertheless take this small "cultural
differences" more seriously. As TeXLive is a free product you
naturally don't have to care if it "sells" well in the windows
"culture", but enterprises which sell their products in various
nations know about the impact of such small "cultural differences".

--
Ulrike Fischer