[tex-live] [Fwd: Re: TeXLive Perl + latexmk (windows)]

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Apr 14 06:01:34 CEST 2010

On Mi, 14 Apr 2010, Diederick C. Niehorster wrote:
> > There should be a persistent connection ...
>
> There definately isn't, following the update in the process list (I

Can you start the next time from the command line (cmd.exe)
	tlmgr --persisten-downloads gui

> did, I remember), wget.exe pops up every now and then (well yeah, for
> downloading each update).

Hmmmmm ....

> Is there a way to downgrade a few packages to earlier revisions (I

Just edit TLROOT/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb and reduce the
	revision NNNNNN
for some packages, that is what I am doing for testing ;-)

> dont know whether CTAN actually stores earlier revisions as well) so

No.

> this time btw, maybe this is perception... wget.exe was running again,
> popping-up and disspearing during download (and install? maybe the
> windows task manager is not that real time.. things went fast, saw
> only two separate wget.exes for 7 packages).

Yeah but there is one per package. It all looks fine.

The delay could come from the --timeout=900 of wget, but would happen
only if you have a bad connection, which you don't have.

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force