[tex-live] [Fwd: Re: TeXLive Perl + latexmk (windows)]

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Apr 14 03:43:10 CEST 2010

On 14 April 2010 Philipp Stephani wrote:

 > Am 13.04.2010 um 14:55 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:
 >
 > > Not that I'm a big fan of windows, but let's not exaggerate the
 > > problems with this system.
 >
 > There are no substantial problems with Windows, only wrong
 > expectations. If you expect Windows to behave like Linux, you're
 > going to be disappointed. MikTeX is popular because it feels like a
 > native Windows application, while TeX Live still seems to be biased
 > towards Linux.

Because TeX Live avoids the crappy Widows registry, or what?  Nothing
within TeX Live is Linux-specific or platform-specific at all.  TeX
Live just supports ***all*** operating systems which are in use today.
There is absolutely no reason why people shouldn't use TeX Live under
Windows.

Can you explain why Windows users should use MikTeX instead of TeX
Live?  Did you ever try TeX Live on Windows yourself?  If yes, what's
wrong with TeX Live?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25