[tex-live] Ignoring portion of LaTeX code; the \par problem.

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Apr 6 20:27:20 CEST 2010

On 6 April 2010 Dan Luecking wrote:

 > \let\originaldocument\document
 > \let\document\endinput
 >    \input document.tex
 > \let\document\originaldocument
 > \begin{document}
 >    Other text.
 > \end{document}

This is a nice and straightforward solution.  I remember that I did
something very similar a few years ago in order to use the preamble of
the main document within Metapost files.  For Metapost users this
technique is quite convenient because whenever they change the font in
the main document they don't have to adapt all the Metapost source files.

Thanks,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha Phone: +49-511-3373112 Marschnerstr. 25 D-30167
Hannover mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de