[tex-live] Line endings, TeX & friends, TeX Live 2008/2009

Peter Cibulka Peter.Cibulka at seznam.cz
Sat Sep 26 22:17:48 CEST 2009

> From: Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp>
> Date: 26.9.2009 14:25:48
> > Whilst experimenting with the GFS Didot example circulated
> > earlier today, I had occasion to open "GFS-Didot.log" in
> > Notepad, and saw that the line-endings were incorrect;
>
> W32 TeX-output text files have line endings of Unix type: 0x0a.
> This decision is due to my taste.

> If you need to use Notepad, run
> todos GFS-Didot.log
> Then line endings become \r\n.

Akira, thank you for the recomendation, I've opened *.log by IE for the same reason.
Now todos works well, although still I think the line-endings in Win implementation should be \r\n.

BTW Is it possible to increase the line length limit for *.log files, or remove limit completely and leave it on viewers line wrap option?

Peter