[tex-live] TeX install on single-layer DVD

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 17 17:37:13 CEST 2009

2009/9/17 Gianluca Gorni <gianluca.gorni at dimi.uniud.it>:
>  please make a *single layer* DVD with *fool-proof installers*
>  (as much as humanly possible...) of TeXLive (and ProTeXt?)
>  for all major platforms.

The .iso image of TL from the last year is ~2.5BG, so it fits on a
single layer DVD and there's still plenty room left. All platforms
included. So such a DVD is already available, at least for TL. As for
making installation fool-proof, well, we do the best we can.
Suggestions for improvements are always welcome.

Cheers,

Tomek