[tex-live] ovp2ovf with VPL input

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at residenset.net
Tue Sep 15 14:38:45 CEST 2009

Élie Roux skrev:
> 2009/9/15 Lars Hellström <Lars.Hellstrom at residenset.net>:
>> A switch back to v1.11 seems more and more attractive; it may have been
>> built by stone age tools (Web, Pascal), but if it works and anyway isn't
>> being developed further, then who cares?
>
> If it's written in C/Yacc, why not fixing it?

Well, I suppose a reason could be that historically, attempts to fix it
has failed; despite not being developed (a conclusion inferred from the
  version number constantly being 2.0), omfonts still comes up broken
every time I try it out. It might be that I'm just unlucky, but it
might also be that it never actually worked in the first place. ("Hey,
it compiles! Let's ship it!"-ware, so to speak.)

> I'm sure coming back to
> 1.11 will also bring some new interesting bugs and features... If you
> have difficulties fixing the code,

I don't know any Yacc, so I wouldn't know where to begin with a parser
bug...

> I can try next week if you provide
> me the files that make this bug appear...

In the ovf2ovp+ovp2ovf test (first thing in the mail you replied to),
all the files involved were present in a 2009-09-12 installation of
TeXLive. Your install root might be different from mine, but once
inside the TEXMF tree I suppose it should all be the same.

Lars Hellström