[tex-live] Catalogue sources

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Sep 11 18:53:35 CEST 2009

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Alexander Cherepanov wrote:
> I have a couple of more questions about texlive.tlpdb if you don't
> mind.

No we don't mind ;-) (Although some might not believe it)

> 1. Files from tlpkg/tlperl/ are mentioned twice - as "binfiles
> arch=win32" in 00texlive.installer and as "runfiles" in tlperl.win32.

Yes. tlperl.win32 is the normal package. the 00texlive.installer is
a special package, like every package starting with 00texlive. We use
it to collect files we need in the installer packages (.zip, .tar.gz).
It is not a package you can install with tlmgr.

Does that explain your question.

> Some files from tlpkg/installer/ are also mentioned twice, are
> mentioned twice and tlpkg/installer/tar.exe -- even 3 times. Is it
> normal?

Twice is fine, in 00texlive.installer and tlperl or some other places.

Trice is bad. In fact it is true, I found that tar.exe is listed in:
	00texlive.installer binfiles.win32, runfiles
	texlive.infra.win32 binfiles
One entry in 00texlive.installer is wrong, I fixed it locally and
will commit ASAP.

> 2. There are some packages (like cyrillic.win32) without any files. Is
> it normal?

Hmm, the other cyrillic.ARCH packages have
	rubibtex
	rumakeindex
I guess we have to ask Akira about that. Or does anyone else here have
an idea? I not even know what these files are.

> * Package parrun has a strange value for catalogue-date:
>
>   catalogue-date 2007-02-24 15:09:57 +0100 (Sat, 24 Feb 2007) $
>
> All other packages don't have anything after timezone.

We take the date string 1-1 from the TeX Catalogue, so it should be fixed
there. Robin?

> * Several packages are not on ctan and therefore have empty
> catalogue-ctan:
>   colorsep
>   dvips
>   gustlib
>   kpathsea
>   latex
>   texdoc
>   times
>   xmlplay
>
> More curious than erroneous.

That must be fixed in the Catalogue by adding
	<ctan path='....'/>
I am sure that in one way or the other these things *are* on CTAN.

Hope that answers most of your questions.

Best wishes

Norbert