[tex-live] Catalogue sources

Alexander Cherepanov cherepan at mccme.ru
Fri Sep 11 00:45:55 CEST 2009

Hi Manuel!
On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:50:02 +0200, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:

>> Sure, here are 306 names in texlive.tlpdb without shortdesc:

> Oh, I wasn't aware there were so many of them. I'll see if something can be done
> for the "esay cases" you mention, but I'm afraid we won't try to tackle all of
> them in the near future, sorry.

Thanks.

I have a couple of more questions about texlive.tlpdb if you don't
mind.

1. Files from tlpkg/tlperl/ are mentioned twice - as "binfiles
arch=win32" in 00texlive.installer and as "runfiles" in tlperl.win32.
Some files from tlpkg/installer/ are also mentioned twice, are
mentioned twice and tlpkg/installer/tar.exe -- even 3 times. Is it
normal?

2. There are some packages (like cyrillic.win32) without any files. Is
it normal?

And some more notes.

* Package parrun has a strange value for catalogue-date:

  catalogue-date 2007-02-24 15:09:57 +0100 (Sat, 24 Feb 2007) $

All other packages don't have anything after timezone.

* Several packages are not on ctan and therefore have empty
catalogue-ctan:

  colorsep
  dvips
  gustlib
  kpathsea
  latex
  texdoc
  times
  xmlplay

More curious than erroneous.

These are found when checking texlive.tlpdb with attached perl script.

* Package smflatex is listed with "catalogue-license nosource". 67
packages are listed with "catalogue-license noinfo" and a couple of
packages (mkjobtexmf & texdirflatten) uwith "catalogue-license
artistic". Should probably be checked before release...

Alexander Cherepanov