[tex-live] Tex-live unable to install in Solaris 10 x386

Blai Bonet bonetblai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 15:28:00 CEST 2009

Dear Norbert and Vladimir,

Thanks very much for the promptly and excellent support!

My install-tl is

install-tl (TeX Live Cross Platform Installer) revision 12911
TeX Live (http://tug.org/texlive) version 2008
texlive-20080903

I downloaded yesterday from http://tug.org/texlive

By installing GNU tar in my solaris box, I was able
to successfully install TexLive.

The things that happened during the installation were:

1. installation aborted at the middle (after 2 hours)

2. I was not able to restart the installation from that
    point. Every attempt will do an installation from
    scratch, downloading all the packages already
    downloaded. It seems there is no the possibility
    to resume a failed installation.

Cheers,

Blai