[tex-live] Misplaced context files

Vladimir lomov.vl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 06:38:13 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 02 of September 2009 10:16:23 Akira Kakuto wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
>> I temporarily put a copy of the tar file that fails at
>> http://tug.org/~karl/longname.tar.xz
>> For example, it contains entries like this:
>>  len name
>>  --- ----
>>  111
>> texmf-dist/doc/context/manuals/reference/en/texmf/fonts/tfm/test/test/tex
>>nansi-raw-demofont-capitalized-750.tfm 109
>> texmf-dist/doc/context/manuals/reference/en/texmf/fonts/tfm/test/test/tex
>>nansi-raw-demofont-extended-1500.tfm ...
>
> There was a similar problem in TL '08 for pgf files, and
> I think that problem was solved.
> By remaking longname.tar.xz by using "tar.exe", all files including
> long named ones are correctly extracted.
> Are you using a file format newer than that in TL '08?
> Please try a format as old as possible, that tar.exe understands,
> or search for a new tar.
Tried in Wine:
~/works/texlive/win32$ wine tlpkg/installer/tar.exe --version
GNU tar 1.11.8 + 1.5X(WIN32)

~/works/texlive/win32$ wine tlpkg/installer/tar.exe xf longname.tar

These files are in top directory (~/works/texlive/win32):
dvipdfm-texnansi-test-test.map
dvips-texnansi-test-test.map
texnansi-demofont-capitalized-750.tfm
texnansi-demofont-capitalized-750.vf
texnansi-demofont-extended-1500.tfm
texnansi-demofont-extended-1500.vf
texnansi-demofont-slanted-167.tfm
texnansi-demofont-slanted-167.vf
texnansi-demofont-unligatured.tfm
texnansi-demofont-unligatured.vf
texnansi-raw-demofont-capitalized-750.tfm
texnansi-raw-demofont-extended-1500.tfm
texnansi-raw-demofont-slanted-167.tfm
texnansi-raw-demofont-unligatured.tfm

(from this list 'longname.tar.xz', 'longname.tar', 'bin', 'texmf', 'texmf-
dist', 'tlpkg' are excluded).

On Linux:
$ tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.22

all Ok.

How about to ship TL with this version of GNU tar for windows?

--
If only God would give me some clear sign!  Like making a large deposit
in my name at a Swiss bank.