[tex-live] Report: Mandriva 2009.1

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Oct 31 00:55:05 CET 2009

Hi Pavel,

    to describe possible ways how to set PATH(s) under Linux

There's an example in the documentation (section "Post-install actions").

We used to have a similar example at the end of installation, but it
doesn't suit everyone (as Zdenek so ably points out), and giving
bad-in-some-cases information is worse than no information.  It is also
rather complex, and I doubt many people paid attention to it anyway.

Sorry, one of those things for which there is no really satisfying answer.