[tex-live] Broken dependencies among sty files in TeX Live 2009 distribution

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 22:21:01 CEST 2009

Hi Karl,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 01:00:17PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> Jindrich, I don't agree with your blanket condemnation of those
> licenses.  To the best of my knowledge, all the packages in TeX Live are
> free, whatever "identifier" is put on them.
>
> There no nosell or nosource packages in TL.
>
> GFSL is certainly free.  It is legally identical to the LPPL.

Thanks for clarification. I'm not a lawyer but we are rather strict
with regards to ship only packages which are really freely
distributable. GFSL license indeed looks the same like LPPL so I
reenabled it and I'm now generating new packages in the repository
according to this change.

I disabled packages under GFSL license because GFSL was missing in:
http://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/CTAN/help/Catalogue/licenses.html
in the list of free licenses.

Thanks,
Jindrich