[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Oct 9 13:04:30 CEST 2009

Dear Manuel (copy all) --

> For the sake of symetry, I tried rsync from the DeltaCopy package by
> Synametrics on my windows box (XP SP3) with
>
> C:\tlnet>"c:\Program Files\Synametrics Technologies\DeltaCopy\rsync.exe"
> -avz --delete --exclude=2008 --exclude=mactex*
> rsync://guiling.fr/texlive/  .
>
> I got the same error:
>
> C:\tlnet>install-tl.bat
> PATH=C:\tlnet\tlpkg\tlperl\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
> Accès refusé.
>
> (Last line is "access denied".)

OK, but if you remove the .manifest file, access will
be allowed.  I am uncertain at this stage as to whether
the fundamental problem lies with Rsync (or the exact
incantation used to launch it) or with the .manifest
files, but bearing in mind that for TeX Live 2008
I was able to use Rsync without difficulty, I am more
inclined to suspect the .manifest files.

** Phil.