[tex-live] tl09 release status: coming up

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Oct 9 11:42:40 CEST 2009

Joseph Wright a écrit :
> Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>> It seems to me that moving to release status is still somewhat
>> premature for Windows users, who numerically exceed Linux users
>> by a substantial ratio.
>
> But:
>
> 1) When downloading the installer and letting it do the installation,
> all is fine. That is the most common method for Windows users, I suspect.

By the way, Phil, could you actually try this method (choosing scheme-minimal if
you want to avoid hours of download for testing)? Just to confirm that the
problem on your machine is actually related to rsync, and not to something in
your system?

> 2) Although there are lots of Windows users, most of them are likely to
> use MiKTeX if they want a TeX system.

I don't quite agree. I mean, you're right that most of them do, but we spent
quite a lot of time trying to get windows support right, it would be a pity to
say that people should just use MiKTeX after all these efforts.

Manuel.