[tex-live] FAQ hyperlink URLs

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 7 16:33:42 CEST 2009

Andrew Moschou <andrew.moschou at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

> It appears that the hyperlinks in the FAQ are rubbish. For example, in the
> page that "texdoc biblatex" brings up we have:
>
> amsrefs.sty
>   macros/latex/contrib/amsrefs (or [2]browse the directory)
> [...]
>
> which link to:
>
>   * http://www.tex.ac.uk/www.tex.ac.uk
>  tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/amsrefs/
> [...]

weird.  which version of tl is this?  can someone confirm for me which
files are involved?

> But the web page
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=biblatex is correct.

that's what i typically test.  the "sausage machine" that produces
stand-alone files may well have gone awry, but i need to be sure what
files are involved.

> It's not limited to biblatex, but others too, for example also
> texmf-dist/doc/generic/FAQ-en/html/FAQ-ant.html.

they've all gone through the same script operating on the same latex
source, so if one's wrong, i would explect them all to be wrong.

robin