[tex-live] TL 2009: Upgrade works! Future plans?

Frank Küster frank at debian.org
Thu Oct 1 15:54:57 CEST 2009

Hi TeXLive people,

Atsuhito Kohda <kohda at pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> wrote:

(on the Debian list)

> Hi all,
>
> thanks for your great work!
>
> Now I'd like to know if texworks is included in TL 2009
> packages or not.

Hm, strange. There's a texworks directory in Master/tlpkg/, it contains
a windows binary, some dll's and data. But there don't seem to be
sources in Build/.

I just found on the pretest information page in the section about
changes in TL 2009:

- The TeXworks front end is included on Windows. It will also be
  included in MacTeX. We hope to offer it for separate download on other
  platforms.

This means it seems it is *not* included in Unix builds; I have no idea
where the sources have gone.

> I intended to package texworks but, unfortunately or fortunately,
> my first attempt was rejected.  Then I noticed that texworks
> seems to be included in TL 2009 so it is my concern if it
> is really happen or not.

Can you point us to an older list discussion why TeXworks can't or
shouldn't be included in TL 2009?

TIA, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster