[tex-live] tlmgr: forcibly removed packages

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:17:50 CET 2009

I just ran across an unusual situation.  I did an update from a mirror
that must have been out of date, and it auto-removed the
combinedgraphics package.  The next time I did an update (from a
different mirror), I was told it was not updating the forcibly-removed
package combinedgraphics.  I then had to rerun tlmgr with the
--reinstall-forcibly-removed option to get combinedgraphics reinstalled.

Is it a bug in tlmgr that an auto-removed package appears as forcibly
removed?  Or is it just a documentation problem?  The tlmgr
documentation seems to say that a package is only viewed as forcibly
removed if the user runs 'tlmgr remove --force'.

Ken