[tex-live] texlive 2009 xindy make-rules compile problem

Martin Ivanov tramni at abv.bg
Sat Nov 14 12:41:21 CET 2009

 > the problem is in the Makefile that it tries to install ij-as-y-utf8.xdy
> twice.

Yes, that is exactly what the error message says.

> apparently /usr/bin/ginstall on your system does not like it when the
> Makefile tries to install the same file twice. i've fixed it in the
> repository

Will your fix be available in the updates of the distribution, or you recommend
compiling and installing the make-rules package separately? Where is the fixed
version available for download?

> i wonder why is /usr/bin/ginstall different from the "regular" /usr/bin/install?
> what package is it part of?

On my system, i.e. Slackware-13.0 /bin/ginstall is a symlink to /bin/install, which is part of the coreutils-7.4-i486-1 package.

Is it necessary to compile the xindy-make-rules package in the texlive-source, since it is present in the texlive-texmf package?

Regards, Martin

13.11.2009