[tex-live] Install font in Mandriva 2009.1

Bob Plantz plantz at cds1.net
Thu May 28 23:40:52 CEST 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009 13:02:16 Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> Do you have getnonfreefonts installed?  It's part of TeX Live.  Then
> you can simply run
>
>   getnonfreefonts-sys --help
>
> and it will tell you where it would install the fonts.  It's the same
> directory where the TeX system expects them.

Unfortunately, the Mandriva distro did not install it on my system. I've been
searching, but I cannot locate a Mandriva package that contains it.

And I am unable to figure out how to get it from texlive.

> SELFAUTOPARENT is two directory levels above the directory containing
> the binaries.  You can use kpsewhich in order to find out to what it
> expands on your system.  It's useful for other variables and search
> paths too because it uses the same search algorithm as the programs.
>
>   kpsewhich -expand-var=\$SELFAUTOPARENT

Neat. Learned something new. Thank you.

> If you have getnonfreefonts, you can simply run
>
>   getnonfreefonts-sys luximono
>
> and you don't have to worry about anything else.

Sounds like my best option is to install getnonfreefonts-sys

Thank you for you help.
Bob