[tex-live] Conflits in gsfonts packge and tex-live distro

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed May 20 11:57:52 CEST 2009

On Mi, 20 Mai 2009, George N. White III wrote:
> the additional glyphs.   Is it acceptable for TeX Live to
> make decisions that may create extra problems for people
> who can't use the orginal URW fonts?  Better support for
> using system fonts would help ensure the same fonts are
> used in TeX and in figures prepared using external tools.

Non of the TeX Live installed fonts are bz default activated for X, or
fontconfig, or anything else but TeX Live itself.

What system integrators do is up to them. If we on the Debian side
decide not to make the fonts available to fontconfig so it be. If we
decide to make them available we have to work out what to do with
gsfonts vs. original fonts.

> Exactly.   There are also more subtle problems where the same
> glyph gets different shapes or different hinting in different parts
> of one document, e.g., a PDF figure that embeds one version
> of a font in a document that uses a different version.

So, besides writing that, do you have any suggestions?

Best wishes

Norbert

what does teleport mean?'
Another moment passed.
Slowly, the others turned to face him.
It's just
I remember you use the word a short while ago and I only
bring it up because...'
does it say teleport?'
`Well, just over here in fact,' said Arthur, pointing at a
dark control box in the rear of the cabin, `Just under the
word "emergency", above the word "system" and beside the
sign saying "out of order".'
                 --- Arthur finding an escape route from a certain death
                 --- situation.