[tex-live] Error when installing TexLive 2008 using ISO

reasly reasly at 163.com
Mon May 18 04:31:37 CEST 2009

Yes , this ia a initial installation.

在2009-05-18,"Karl Berry" <karl at freefriends.org> 写道:

    Can't spawn "cmd.exe": No such file or directory at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 1040.

This is really the initial installation and not updating an existing
installation?  (The latter is the usual reason for the above msg.)

    TeXLive::TLUtils::setup_programs failed at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm
    line 1042.  \.\tlpkg\installer\lzma\lzmadec.win32.exe --help failed
    (status 65280): No such file or directory
    Output is:

    LZMAdec - a small LZMA decoder

Interesting that it failed even though the output is there, so obviously
the program did in fact get run.  I'm afraid I don't know what to make
of that.