[tex-live] incorrect reference to "Nimbus" font in "download35.map"

Erik Luijten erik.luijten at gmail.com
Mon May 11 01:31:09 CEST 2009

Hello,

I noticed that in the file "download35.map" (which, in my distribution, is
located in /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap) there are two lines that
incorrectly(?) refer to a Nimbus font:

phvbo8rn NimbusSanL-BoldCondItal-Narrow-BoldOblique "TeXBase1Encoding
ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <phvbo8an.pfb

and

phvbo8yn NimbusSanL-BoldCondItal-Narrow-BoldOblique "TeXnANSIEncoding
ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <phvbo8an.pfb

I would think that these lines instead should refer to
"Helvetica-Narrow-BoldOblique"?

I found this in the texlive distribution that comes with openSuSE 11.1 as
well as in openSuSE 10.2

Erik