[tex-live] Unicode font support

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue May 5 09:37:44 CEST 2009

On  4 May, 2009, at 21:07, Timothy Legg wrote:

> [...]  The sil.org link seems to go to the front page of some
> competing project (was there a typo in the address?).

As Jonathan said, no, there was no typo on my part. At the bottom of
that page, you can see simple examples of what can be done with TeX
commands and fonts that any GUI app (OpenOffice or whatever) can see
and use.

As said, those are TeX, not LaTeX examples, that's why I recommended
Will Robertson's fontspec, an easy to use set of macros for using
system-wide fonts in (Xe)LaTeX documents.

Now ---maybe not what you want, but I can't help recommending as well
The XeTeX Companion:

http://xml.web.cern.ch/XML/lgc2/xetexmain.pdf

by Michel Goossens, one of the authors of The LaTeX Companion. Skim
through the document and just read the parts that you see fit for your
needs.

Best,

Axel