[tex-live] dealing with ubuntu

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Mar 27 11:31:07 CET 2009

Lars Madsen wrote:
> Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
>> Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
>>> I guess the Debian packages equivs is what you're looking for. It
>>> helps you
>>> buold a virtual package that you can install in order to tell APT you
>>> already
>>> have everything you need concerning TeX, thanks. I blogged about
>>> this, in French
>>> unfortunately, but I suppose you can just read the code and guess the
>>> rest.
>>>
>> And I forgot to copy-paste the URL:
>>
>> http://weblog.elzevir.fr/2008/11/tex-live-2008-a-la-vanille-sur-debian-like/
>>

>> Manuel.
>
> that looks interesting. My french is a bit rusty, but I'll manage.
>
> Perhaps you should write an article for PracTeX Journal on this.
>
> I think many would benefit from it.

thanks,
that worked perfectly, you really should translate that page into english

does anyone remember where one can add an extra path such that
programmes like texmaker will know where latex is when they are started
via the menus?

adding say /opt/texlive/2008/bin/i386-linux to the path in bashrc, works
fine as long as you start your programmes from the commandline, but does
not work if the programme is started via a menu item.

--

/daleif