[tex-live] TeX Live on usb drive

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Mar 19 18:47:25 CET 2009

Philip TAYLOR a écrit :
>> A final update will follow when the installing has
>> completed and been tested.
>
> All very successful; TeX Live now installed and running
> on yet another system, total time taken less than
> two hours.  Without doubt the fastest mirror-and-install
> yet.

I already experienced very fast downloads using rsync, but it also has the
problem that very few mirrors provide rsync access.

Btw, could you measure the installation (not downloading) time precisely? I'd be
curious to know how faster it is compared to the DVD installation (and whether
it is faster than installing from a mounted ISO).

Manuel.