[tex-live] TeX Live on usb drive

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Mar 19 17:50:57 CET 2009

Philip TAYLOR a écrit :
> Ignoring Robin's petulant little outburst (below),
> I shall continue trying to help Jerónimo Leal.

I doubt giving a procedure that will work only from one specific node af the
CTAN is the best help.

It is probably more useful to know that with a good ftp client you can
recursively download tlnet/2008 without problems (I tried from a nearby mirror
using the rather standard GUI client filezilla: I had a lot of errors like "too
many connections from your IP") but it worked anyway (well, I stopped before the
end, but it looked OK)). And help if there is problems with a given FTP client
and CTAN mirror.

I also tried (also stopping before completeness to save bandwidth) a HTTP mirror
with wget -r -np and it worked OK. You just get a bunch of index?<option> files
which are useless but don"t hurt anyway.

> In T:\TeX\Live\Installer, I created a shortcut to
> T:\TeX\Archive\Systems\TeXlive\TLnet\2008\install-tl.bat,
> appending " -location T:\TeX\Archive\Systems\TeXlive\TLnet\2008"

You shouldn't need to specify the location. install-tl is meant to be smart
enough to check for the presence of an archive directory and automagically use it.

Manuel.