[tex-live] TeX Live 2008, i386-freebsd, FreeBSD 6.4 and i386-linux

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 19:14:33 CET 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 11:46:54PM +0100, Conny Andersson wrote:
> So I did that, but then libc.so.7 did pop up as missing - again - when
> trying to run any TeX-program. And, solving that via /etc/libmap gave
> ld-linux.so.1 as missing. And, solving that gave me 'segmentation fault'.
> Like Russian dolls ...

This is exactly why I made a port for OpenBSD. The shared libs on
community driven operating systems bump quickly. By making a port, the
build is automated every 2 weeks and put on the FTP servers, linking the
libraries -current is using at the time.

You can try symlinking the missing libs, but its a hack and probably
will break at some stage.

--

Best Regards

Edd Barrett
(Freelance software developer / technical writer / open-source developer)

http://students.dec.bmth.ac.uk/ebarrett